Platte Valley Bank is looking for a full time Loan Officer for the Liberty branch. Ideal candidate will possess a minimum 10 years of lending experience.
The Loan Officer is responsible for approving, document and collecting, or denying commercial, real estate, agriculture, and consumer loans while adhering to all Bank policies, procedures and banking regulations. The Loan Officer is solely responsible for all aspects of loans assigned to them from a safety and soundness and compliance aspect.
Loan Analysis – 50%
· Collect financial, review income, cash flow, and collateral – review and analyze to determine if a loan should be approved
· Prepares packet to present to Discount and Executive Committee to make an approval or denial for loans that exceed the Banks designated limit and to communicate with the committee the current loan activity
· Property valuation and inspections
· Periodic reviews of existing customer borrowing and documenting ongoing credit worthiness
Customer Service – 35%
· Application process, customer inquiries and loan closings
· Follow up calls for financial documents and/or collections
· Solely responsible for and monitors technical exception list and follows up with loan customers on issues, such as; expiration of insurance, titles, etc.
· Solicit new loans and loan customers
Miscellaneous duties –15%
· Community involvement/networking – chamber, clubs, luncheons, golf tournaments etc.
· Manage all aspects of collecting delinquent loans and disposing for any repossessed collateral of a loan in the process of collection
· Tracks current loans ensure payments are made on a timely basis, follows up with loan customers who have failed to make payments
· Assist branch personnel as needed
· Cross-sell other bank products
· Other duties as assigned
Must have ability to manage and organize work to meet deadlines and devote the correct amount of time to each responsibility
· Regulations, rules and procedures are constantly changing, one must constantly be adjusting to keep all within compliance
· Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing, complicated information to all different types of people, whether it be customers, loan assistants or Executive Officers
· Must have the ability to talk with customers and build relationships to get referrals to bring in new clientele and build loan portfolio
· Must be able to accurately analyze, assess risk and loan documents
Problem solving –
· Must be able to solve problems to help customers and bank achieve their respective goals
The Loan Officer can have long periods of sitting with some extended computer use. Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Travel to perform Loan Officer duties as they are required.